Last updated: March 20, 2023
App complies with the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Silver Fox Global Academy use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Information We Collect
When you use the Platform, such as visiting the Site or using the App, we may collect certain information that may be capable of identifying you, either directly or indirectly (“Personal Information”). For instance, if you browse or read content, or download information from the Platform, we may gather and store:
- Your IP Address
- The date and time you visit
- Your browsing behavior on the Platform
- The videos and content you access
- Any referring URL’s or sites that directed you to us
If you engage more interactively with the Platform, such as create an account, subscribe to our services, participate in a survey or chat, complete a fillable form or contact request, send an email, we may further collect your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Security question answers/PIN
- Gender (for marketing purposes only)
We use various types of cookies:
- Preference Cookies – we use preference cookies to remember your user settings and login information when you return to the Platform.
- Security Cookies – we use security cookies to enable security features on the Platform and help us detect malicious activity.
- Statistics Cookies – we use statistics cookies to identify which parts of the Platform you visit and help us analyze traffic and usage so we can improve the Platform.
These cookies may be placed by us or by third parties that we use as vendors for certain services, such as web traffic analysis and security.
You may disable preference cookies through your web browser or by deleting your account, which will delete all your data. Please note that if you disable these cookies, certain functionality and features may be affected. Other cookies, such as security and statistics cookies, may not be disabled.
Use & Disclosure of Information
We use the Personal Information we collect to:
- provide the subscription services and Platform content
- communicate with you, such as about your subscription or our services, and live chat responses to your questions
- inform you of new videos and content on the Platform
- provide and assess survey and promotional responses
- improve your customer experience, and
- improve the Platform.
Silver Fox BJJ uses service providers to perform specific functions that allow us to provide the Platform, such as cloud hosting, information technology (IT) support, Platform development and security, Platform usage analysis, marketing, customer relationship management (CRM), live chat, payment processing services, and research to improve the quality of the Platform and content we provide. We may need to disclose the Personal Information to these entities in connection with these services but only when and to the extent necessary to perform their functions on our behalf.
These service providers are responsible for their own data practices, policies and use of the Personal Information. You should carefully review their privacy policies and other conditions of use, which may be found here:
We do not sell Personal Information or share it with others for advertising purposes.
We do not accept or process payment information. All payment information is handled through service providers such as the app store where you download the App.
Data Transfer & Retention
We transfer and store information relating to the Platform, including any Personal Information collected through the Platform, in cloud servers located in the United States. If legally required, the Personal Information may therefore be accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authority of the United States. By using the Platform or otherwise communicating with us, you agree to have your Personal Information transferred to and stored in the United States.
Unless otherwise legally required, we will keep your Personal Information for only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, after which it will be deleted. We may therefore need to recollect Personal Information if you visit or engage with the Platform after that.
We use reasonable physical, technological and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized or unlawful access, use, loss, destruction or damage. For instance, the servers on which Personal Information are stored are secured behind firewalls and require login credentials to access. We use anti-virus and anti-malware software on the Platform to monitor for malicious activity. We employ multi-factor authentication for account login. We conduct regular penetration testing of the Platform to ensure the security of the Platform. Any disclosure of Personal Information to our service providers is provided only on a need-to-know basis and for the limited purpose of the services they provide.
Unfortunately, data transmission on the Internet can never be guaranteed to be perfectly secure, and thus we cannot fully eliminate all security risks connected to handling information on the Internet.
When you access our Platform or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically and consenting to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices via the Platform. To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open email from us if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive email from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Children Under the Age Of 14
Our services and the Platform are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from, children under the age of 14. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 14 we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 14, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian Privacy Rights
Canadian citizens have certain privacy rights regarding your Personal Information under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and/or provincial privacy laws. These rights include:
- Right of access: You can request details about your Personal Information that we process, such as the types of Personal Information we have, how we use it, and a list of organizations to which your Personal Information has been disclosed, subject to the limitations and exemptions set out in applicable laws and regulations.
- Right to correct: At your request, we will correct incomplete or inaccurate parts of your Personal Information, and when appropriate, transmit the amended information to other organizations (such as service providers) to whom we have disclosed the original information.
- Right to lodge a complaint: If you have concerns about our compliance with PIPEDA or your privacy rights, please contact us at email@example.com. If you remain unsatisfied, you have a right to file a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commission of Canada.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact our Data Privacy Official at firstname.lastname@example.org, toll-free at +1-201-398-6032.
Choices & Access
If you no longer want to receive electronic newsletters, suggestions for additional content on the Platform that may be of interest to you, marketing communications, and other communications from us about other content we offer through the Platform, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link available in each email or contact us at the email or phone number at the end of this Policy and request to be removed from our email marketing database.
We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. However, please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of the Platform.