Mike Gonzalez Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, Youth Coach
Mike Gonzalez began training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu shortly after earning his Bachelor’s Degree in Art from Penn State University in 2010. He uses the attention to detail methods used in Art to exploit all of the details in the techniques used in BJJ. An avid competitor, Mike has medaled in many tournaments and has now made the transition into the world of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
- 1st Place Grapplers Quest Morristown 2011
- 1st Place Grapplers Quest Asbury Park 2011
- 1st Place Tournament Red Bank 2012
- 1st Place No-Gi, 3rd Place Gi at Grapplers Quest Asbury Park 2012 (Won 9-10 matches)
- 1st Place Tournament Red Bank 2013
- 1st Place Submission Only World Grappling Championship Gi 2014
- 1st Place Submission Only World Grappling Championship No-Gi 2014
- Amateur MMA Record 5 -1
- Dead Serious MMA Champion (140 lbs.)
- Professional MMA Record 1-0
On February 2017, Mike received his Black Belt from Karel Pravec.